Monday, March 16, 2009

Falling Off the Blogwagon

Okay, okay. Sorry I have been remiss in keeping these 3-a-day posts going. I promise to get better. At least until I head to Austin on Thursday morning for SXSW. There'll be a little break in programming till Monday or so, while I wrassle some beers and indie-skinny-jean boys in The Republic.

This weekend was pretty much a success. When I think of all the slippery chutes I coulda fallen down, I am pretty proud of all the ladders I managed on, up and out.

Friday night was my night off. Suppose it mighta counted for my entire day and night off. No gym on Friday, and a cocktail fiasco to end all others. Ended up at Mid-America Club with Moni, doing tequila shots. Not what I thought was gonna happen when I dressed up on Friday morning, thinking I was going somewhere respectable. I guess if the joint were respectable, they woulda bounced me immediately upon my invasion.

After Mid-American, Moni and I rolled on over to 5-Star for some din-din. Apres le din-din, I was dropped at home where I dabbled in my usual drunk baking. Poor Minnie Pearl had batter on her ears and back the next morning. My little muffin.

Saturday I was the model of composure. A huge drinking day in Chicago, maybe even bigger than Halloween and New Year's combined and little homegirl here only had 2 beers. Wanted to be social with my Homey Loves Chachi sweethearts and head out for a little Erotic Photo Hunt after our show. Town Hall was packed to the gills, and I got way tired of being butt-bumped all night, so I headed home. Didn't even meet up with The Devs on their urban prowl, though now I wish I had. The photos look pretty funny.

Sunday was gorgeous. Skipped my Ladies Who Brunch club and stayed home to make myself a respectable meal. Met up with Casey after brunch to take Goose to the Wicker puppy park. Got a dose of Vitamin D, then decided I'd head home for a run instead of holing up indoors at the gym.

Maintained through the weekend. My willpower grows daily. I feel myself hunkering down further and further, winding my hands in the rope for better grip. Summer's right around the corner. San Juan and Austin are breathing down my neck, and that neck will be svelte, damnit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home