Saturday, March 07, 2009

Noon-ish, Day Four

Missed my dinner post last night. What could I do, it was Friday night. Met my Mexican-adventure cohort, Meghan, out for dinner with a couple of her buddies. Enter Joe and Murphtini. Went to Fizz and I drank water and ate a turkey patty with swiss and julienne veggies. Fizz has great food, if you didn't know, and I think for a Friday night out, that was a pretty reasonable choice.

Of course, then the Jack started to flow.

I'd had one PBR earlier in the afternoon when I was over at GrubHub doing a little Rock Band bonding. Pretty good restraint, methinks. Had time to chill before dinner and Dent May, and I behaved pretty well then, munching on celery stalks, waiting for Fizz.

Flash to Schubas, where we went to see Dent May and His Magnificent Ukelele. When drinking on this diet, which I am trying to control, I am going with Jack and soda. Soda having no calories or carbs, and Jack, though more potent with calories and kick in large amounts, is still the wiser choice than even light beer for a night of boozing.

Not sure exactly how many J&S's I downed last night, but I did not get "drunk". Sure, I'd of blown the back out of a breathalizer, maybe, but I was a little nervous with the liquid diet and carb cut down that I'd be tipsy after one drink. Not so.

Did a little happy dancing during Dent's faboo show. My Lord, if you are not aware of him, please get so. He'll change your outlook. I was over-the-moon happy last night. Smiling, swaying, the whole shebang.

My former intern, and personal trainer, Rachel (a.k.a. Rocky, Raquel, Rooney) came out with her friend Lisa to meet up with us for Dent. I told her all about my experiment, and figured she'd be a great one to weigh in, being a personal trainer and all. She told me that I would be fine. I related that I was worried I would be bored on this plan, but she reminded me that seeing results always staves off boredom. Rocky's promised to pop in to leave comments during the remainder of the experiment.

At Dent, another co-worker and some friends joined the fray. Now we're full balls out. End up heading down to UnderBar, where I started to lose steam. Of course, this was at 3 A.M. Headed home around 3:30, where of course, the inevitable happened. Not only are cocktails horrible for their immediate calories, they also beget late-night eating. I had a couple small corn tortillas with refried beans, cheese and green salsa on them. Not terrible, but not good when you're about to lie down to sleep. Sumo action is counter-productive.

Was worried when I took to the scales this morning, but I only took back half a pound. Not terrible for last night's choices. No solid food yet today. Only coffee and water, with my morning vitamins. Gonna go eat a sammich at Jerry's and then I'll go liquid for tonight, so I can keep to one solid meal for today. Of course, I have plans later tonight to hit up Quenchers, so there will be more drinking yet, and probably more late night culinary horrors.

Why can one weekend undo one whole week? Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home