Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The First "Incident"

Coming home on the bus yesterday, I had the first real "incident" of my experiment. I believe the whole shebang was my own fault, and I will explain why now.

Once a day for the past 2 days, I'd enjoyed a cup of "Get Regular" Yogi tea. This was in an effort to keep things "on track", if you feel me. Yesterday I began to feel a little rumbly in my tumbly, yet was distracted at work and let it ride. Big mistake.

So here I am, trapped by bodies on the Grand bus. The rumbling turns into pain, sharp shooting pain. "Uh-oh", I think. Time to stand up. Standing up didn't alleviate the cramping. Sometimes it does, but this time the strategy failed. Here's when panic starts to kick in, and panic does nothing but feed the fire.

The blood starts to drain from my face and I feel light-headed. A pass-out is coming if I can't exorcise the demons. It took a whole century to cross one intersection on that packed-ass bus. Got off at the Grand Blue Line stop and felt my knees going weak. My body started to hum with electricity. For you fainters out there, you know what I am talking about.

I can hardly believe I made it across the 3-intersection cross to get into Blue Iguana. I kept pushing myself, knowing that if I dropped in the street not only could I get runt over, but it would be an embarrassing spectacle with a traffic stop and strangers, etc. Eff that.

I must've looked like a ghost when I dragged through the Blue Iguana door. Don't think I made eye contact as I huffed, "Bathroom?" and tried to keep from puking on the floor.

Locked myself in the bathroom, still trying to keep on my feet.

For anyone who's ever experienced an IBS attack knows how scary they are. Couple that with the powerful fainty feeling I had, and we've got a disaster. Good thing about these attacks is that once you shed the toxins, you're fine. It took awhile, but I felt my body reboot, buzzing back to life, back to into focus.

After that, I was fine. Totally fine.

I am sure if I hadn't ignored by body all day at work, the attack would've never happened.

So, here I am post liquid lunch the next day. Liquid for dinner last night, eggs for breakfast and a liquid lunch. I did make a stop at the grocery store last night after Watchmen to buy loads of turkey (protein), egg whites (protein) and raw veggies. Think I should add some light solids and proteins into my daytime habit.

Time to evolve, methinks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home