Monday, March 09, 2009

Finding Middle Ground

Had plans after work with Paty and Marisa. We trolled through Nordie's for a bit before heading over to Hub 51 for dinner. The ladies are aware of my experiment, and picked a place with plenty of yummy low/no-carb options.

For dinner we shared small plates of jerky, arugula salad, shrimp ceviche, sesame tuna tartare and brussel sprout salad. I refrained from drinking, mostly for the calories, not because I was feeling bad from the weekend.

Speaking of this weekend past, how come I am the only person who's never heard of the shampoo effect? I was wondering aloud how come I drank just as much Friday as Saturday, yet Saturday night I felt it way more. How could I have missed this socio-cultural phenom? Explains so much.

Fully planned to go to the gym after Hub 51, though I am sure somewhere deep down I knew that would never happen. Parked my car there this morning, in a grand display, and tucked my tail between my legs as I hopped in from a cab after dinner, headed straight home.

Woke up late this morning, so my planned A.M. smart start was D.O.A. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow A.M., though I do far favor going after work. Yes, it is great to get it all out of the way and have nothing to do after work in case you get sidetracked. I don't feel like I work out as hard in the morning, however. Everyone's got their hours of the day, the hours they feel most creative, focused and alive. Mine are typically late night, around 10-midnight. My gym isn't open then, plus it may be hard to relax and get to sleep after kicking some late-night ass. So, I settle for evening, when my blood starts to course, prepping for its zenith.

Sipping on some "Get Regular" yogi tea. The past few days have not been my norm. No pain or anything to speak of, but I don't wanna get all backed up. I don't do well with backed up.

I whipped out the following quote for April today, and couldn't believe it hadn't made it into my blog yet. From the mouth of the crazy genius, "It's flyer to be hungry than fat." Oh, Prince, you sexy devil. Where can I get fridge magnets made with that sage credo imprinted upon them? Just imagine. Time for dinner? No. Prince thinks you're fat.

Thinking I may need to introduce a little toss up here and there this week. Maybe alter which meal is the solid meal. Would prolly do more good to front load than back load, yes? Easier on nights when I'm not sitting around home. Those are the nights when I rely on the ritual of food. When I am on the go, I don't need that structure, that reassurance. I've got some shit planned this week, so I'll shake it up a little and see what happens.

Also, the Hoodia piece of the puzzle may pull out after this week. Bought the last box of Hoodia Rapid Gels today. Think it's discontinued, which is how Sandy D says you know something's good, they discontinue it. So, if I can't find any more next week, I move up to HydroxyCut and let the true psycho shit kick in. Prolly time to get a little nutso and verge on a heart attack, yes? Gotta keep the readers insterested.

Did I mention the couple Carlie Horses I got over the weekend? Haven't had one of those since high school growing pains. Thank God they were in and out. Jesus, they hurt. Love how they attack your shit mid-snooze and rip your brain from restful slumber, plunging it directly to the bowels of physical hell. Might be what having a baby feels like, if babies came out your calves.

Time to get back to Gregory House, M.D. He's a medical doctor, and I love him. I have a feeling he'd be into me, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home