Tuesday, March 10, 2009

It's a Beautiful Mornin'

11:10 A.M. on day 7. One week, one whole week. I didn't die. My heart didn't burst like a trodden grape.

Yesterday was a bit of a downer, as I was feeling the direct results of my Bacchanalian weekend. My weight all came back, and with it a horrible flush of realization. Then, last night, I went out to dinner, and controlled myself somewhat. And today? Today, my weight's back down to where it was at last week's low.

So, I've got my fight re-injected and I'm ready to throw down.

I'm trying something new for week 2. I ate 2 scrambled eggs and some salsa verde this morning for breakfast. I'm going to try moving my solid meal around. Tonight I am supposed to go see Watchmen, so it'll be easier for me to do a liquid dinner. As I've said before, when I am sitting home at night with no plans, I feel the need for the ritual of food. It's not just the feeling in your belly of being full, it's the actual motions involved in feeding yourself that trigger your brain to know you're satisfied. If my mind is out and about when I'm out and about, I don't need that ritual.

So today's line-up will be liquid lunch and dinner. Gym after work before Watchmen. Tomorrow, I am hoping we'll see another drop.

Cross your pingies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home