Thursday, March 05, 2009

10:45 P.M., Day Two

I am fuggin' amazed at myself right now. We had a floor mixer this evening at work. Kegs, liquor and pizza; pizza I ordered myself from one of my favorite joints, Pie-Eyed on Chicago. I managed to scrape outta that gig only picking one tiny bit o' sausage from Evan's pizza. Drank maybe one Jack and soda total, which is a steal being as with minimal Jack and soda being no calorie, no carb, I was pretty much an angel.

Even packed up all the leftover pizzas with my own hands. Didn't even lick my damn fingers.

What the hell is going on here?

Onward into the night, a few of us moved over to Dirty Bingo at Victory Liquors. Nothing but water for me there. I also managed to win "The Shocker" bingo, and with it a sweet bra with skulls for cups.

Word is getting 'round about my experiment. Mostly because of my own fat mouth. Got some funny reactions at the mixer tonight. "You've had no solid food today, and yet drinking heavily is a good idea?" But I had hardly drank a drop. "That shit is not good for you." Oh, I am sure of that, but as of right now I am still feeling great. "How long do you aim to keep this up?" Um, until I crack.

One dude wanted to tell me all about how fasting for 3 days at a time is actually good for you, but anything more than that is bad. "3 days clears out your GI tract", he said, as I licked the chocolate off my fingers from the protein bar I was eating for dinner.

I believe I have moved away from doing this as a physical experiment and am now viewing it as more of a test of my willpower. It's mind-blowing how much of our diet and health is tied to social events. Birthday dinners, going out to lunch with co-workers, dinner dates, drinks after work, drinks during work. It's sort of odd when you stand back and look at the phenomenon from the outside. And yet, those social gatherings are the stuff of life. You almost become an outsider if you do not partake. Who shows up to a birthday dinner and doesn't eat? Who meets up for drinks and doesn't drink? Shit's tough.

I do have a little headache right now. Had a little one last night as well, which didn't occur to me until this one crept on me tonight. Since I know I'm hydrated, being as I'm pretty much sucking down the eau from a hydrant, I wonder if it's guarana or caffeine related. Maybe it's food related. I am not sure, but it's the first "bad" feeling I've felt.

When I got home tonight, I grabbed a handful of celery before I took Minnie out. Came back up and ate a little savoy cabbage, raw. My night meals have formed their own pattern. Protein and raw veggies. So far, so good. I like raw veggies.

Gotta get my butt in bed now. Need to go to the gym before work tomorrow, as tomorrow night is a big night. Dent May and His Magnificent Ukelele are in town. Yeehaw! I love me some Dent May.

More in the A.M.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home