Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Hoodia Tillett

At this point, I am thinking I will name my first born "Hoodia". Hoodia Tillett. It's gotta good beat and you can dance to it.

Perhaps it's the Hoodia coursing through my veins right now, or the remains of the guarana from this morning, but I am feeling divine. Went to the gym right after work, with no solid food in my belly from the day. Didn't stop me from kicking the shit outta that treadmill at a 21% incline. 31.5 minutes, 600 calories. I think I was actually sloshing sweat on the poor dude next to me. I used to attribute a day's gym triumphs and letdowns to the luck of the musical shuffle ringing in my ears, but not today. It wasn't Blackie Lawless pushing me further. Not Joan or even Angus and Brian. It was something else entirely. Hoodia.

It may be a little too soon to sing the praises of this mythical cactus, as it's only day one. Tomorrow I could be standing on a ledge, talking to myself, inciting terror below. I suppose the only difference there would be the ledge. Tomorrow I could have no energy whatsoever, or my hunger could come back triple force and I take down the entire food court at 225 N. Michigan. Tomorrow I could be surly and offend a co-worker with an insensitive statement. Again, not unfamiliar territory, I suppose.

But not today. Today was a rounding success. I wasn't sad, I was ecstatic. I wasn't hungry, I was full. I wasn't tempted to jump from the proverbial bandwagon.

I am logging from my dining room table, TV off behind me. Being home with no TV or music on is a rarity for me. My mind yearns for over-stimulation. But not right now. Right now I am calm and focused. Feel like I could scribble all night. In fact, I may.

I've got my snow peas beside me now, riding on the heels of the carrots, celery and coupla slices of turkey breast I had for dinner. Wasn't hungry, but knew I had to eat something today.

I got a lot of concerned feedback from friends and co-workers today. Some worried that I was serious about not eating at all. Well, no. I'm not insane. Some worried that my heart will burst during over-exertion at the gym. Felt nothing strange tonight. No flutters, no light-headedness. Again, this is day one. Should shit get crazy, I'll ratchet back. Until then, it's full force. Turbo tornado style.

That's how I roll.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home